A brief time-out before the final installment in my Worship in the 80s series. . . .
A devotional program (not my own, but one I found worthy of retaining) from Thanksgiving Eve in 1995 proceeded as follows, with singing interspersed between items. Perhaps readers can find something for personal, family, or congregational use here.
- A call to give thanks — 1 Chron 16:8-12
- Reasons for being thankful — Ps 107:1-9; 1Tim 1:12-18
- Living out thankfulness — Rom 6:15-18; 2Cor 9:6-11, Col 3:15-17
- A warning not to forget to be thankful — Deut 8:10-14b, 17-18; Rom 1:18-25
- A scene of worship in heaven — we will will give thanks — Rev 4, 1Cor 15:55-58